We believe that a well-diversified international equity portfolio which focuses on regions and companies with significant earnings potential, managed within a disciplined process of active asset and sector allocation, will provide long-term capital appreciation. We begin with a top-down approach to regional, country, and currency analysis. This macro analysis is then used to develop sector and theme changes that highlight investment opportunities as well as issues selection. These issues must also pass the in-depth Sierra International Social Screening© process which eliminates those stocks that do not meet our rigorous standards. These screens favor companies that protect human rights, workers’ safety, Labor’s right to collectively bargain, ethical employment standards, and the creation of U.S. jobs through export to the U.S. They also protect against ownership in companies that use child or prison labor, displace American products or workers, or impose unfair trade barriers against the U.S.
Sierra Investment Partners, Inc. chose Franklin Equity Group, as its sub-advisor for the International Growth Equity and Global Growth Equity strategies.
- Franklin Equity Group combines the expertise of the Franklin Advisers, Inc., and Fiduciary Global Advisors (formerly Fiduciary Trust Company International) equity teams (with origins dating back to 1947 and 1931, respectively)
- Comprehensive global investment platform encompasses a broad range of investment disciplines.
- Experienced portfolio managers apply proven investment philosophies within a defined framework of risk control and oversight.
- Specialist portfolio managers benefit from perspective gained through collaboration among diverse investment teams.
- Fundamental research conducted by experienced specialists.
- Collaborative environment balances autonomy with rigorous debate and accountability.
- Disciplined bottom-up research supports a long-term, robust, and flexible investment process.
- Equity and fixed income teams work together for additional insights on companies.
International Investment Philosophy
We search for companies with sustainable business models across all industry groups, investing primarily in companies that have higher expected revenue and earnings growth than their peers.
Our focus on return on equity, free cash flow, and the creation of shareholder value underpins our search for quality.
Our fundamental analysis includes an understanding of valuation, as we prefer companies that are trading at attractive valuations relative to their peers.
- Concentrated bottom-up growth product with 40–45 holdings
- Diversified, benchmark neutral portfolio with limited overlap of economic exposures
- Lower turnover strategy (~40% p.a.) focused on mid-and large-cap companies